We may be able to provide some services to you without requiring you to identify yourself. For example, you may be able to upload certain documents or information without having to reveal any of your personal information. However, by their nature most of our products and services usually require you to disclose your personal information before we can provide you with that product or service.
Accordingly, we may collect the following types of personal information from you when you use any of our products or services:
- Mailing/street address
- email address
- telephone number
- other contact details
- age/date of birth
- credit card information (via our payment platform)
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; and/or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us. We may also need to collect the following types of sensitive information if you are applying for, or have, an insurance policy and/or have made a claim or complaint in connection with an insurance policy:
- Health and medical information;
- Lifestyle and pastime information;
- Information regarding your physical attributes, capacity and activity;
- Information that is publicly available on your social media accounts; and/or
- Racial/ethnic origin. We only collect and hold sensitive information with your consent, in limited situations which the law allows.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from external sources (see below). We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; and/or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
- it is not reasonable to do so;
- it is apparent from the circumstances that you are aware of the collection; and/or
- you would expect us to have the information.
- to enable you to access and use our website, services, products and applications;
- to assist with your application for finance, insurance or other product or service you wish to apply for;
- to enable the administration of financial, insurance or other products and services which includes responding to your enquiries, requests for information and managing claims or complaints;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, products and applications, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and/or
- to consider your employment application.
- any entity, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, as required, authorised or permitted by law or a court order;
- any person, entity or platform provider authorised by you or acting on your behalf including, without limitation, your financial institution, legal, financial or other adviser, hospital, medical practitioner, health services provider, accountant, trustee, administrator, employer, guardian, attorney, agent, or other professional services provider;
- payment systems operators (e.g. when you pay any of our fees by credit card)
- our existing or potential agents, partners (which specifically includes insurers authorised under the Life Insurance Act 1995);
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites, apps and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you)
- professional advisers, dealers and agents
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services; and/or
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred.
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of you or any other person;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of any other person;
- the information is protected from disclosure by applicable law;
- release of the information would be prejudicial to us in relation to a legal or administrative dispute or complaint; or
- the information is protected by confidentiality obligations or is our intellectual property and disclosure would be contrary to our legal or commercial interests.
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Contact Us function on our website at www.ezidox.com. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
In the event that we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, we will inform you as to how you can escalate the complaint to the appropriate external dispute resolution body. In cases of privacy related complaints, this is generally the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). There is specific information about the OAIC complaints and investigation process on the OAIC website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/ and contact details are:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW
Phone: 1300 363 992
EFFECTIVE: 16 October 2018
Ezidox Pty Ltd
Level 2, 6 The Corso
Manly NSW 2095
Telephone: 1 300 656 705
Join us Today!
ezidox™ helps you save time and money by automating the collection and processing of documents.
Get started by signing up for a free 15 day trial.